Monday 17th July 2006 - Evening Session
Article 83 - Re-opening
The Chairman opened the evening session of Synod and invited all present to sing Hymn 57:1 and 2.
Article 84 - Address by Canadian delegate
The chairman gives Br Henk Hoogstra from the Canadian Reformed Churches the opportunity to address Synod (refer Appendix 1; address). The Chairman thanks him.
Rev Huizinga, on behalf of deputies, responds to this (refer Appendix 1; address).
Article 85 - Deputies for Relations with Canadian Reformed Churches
Agenda 12f(iv) - Deputies for Relations with Sister Churches - Canadian Reformed Churches
- To continue sister relations with the Canadian Reformed Churches according to the established rules.
- To monitor developments within the CanRC for mutual benefit according to our rules.
- To authorise deputies (in cooperation with the Deputies for Training for the Ministry) to send one delegate to the next General Synod (2007 in Smithers).
- The Canadian Reformed Churches give evidence of continuing faithfulness to the Word of God, maintaining the Reformed Confessions and Church Order.
- We value our bond with the Canadian Reformed Churches and personal contact at the synodical level reinforces our contact with them (confer Article 17 - Training for the Ministry).
Article 86 - Report of Deputies for the Book of Praise
Agenda Item 12d - Reports Deputies Australian Book of Praise
A number of rounds of discussion takes place.
Article 87 - Adjournment
Rev W Huizinga invites all present to sing Hymn 23:5, 6, 7 and 8 and leads in prayer. The Chairman adjourns Synod.
last updated 21 Jul 2006